Ensure the dressing is the appropriate size for the wound. The dressing pad should be 1-2cm larger than the wound.
- Always wash hands before and after treating a wound.
- Gently clean and dry the wound and surrounding skin.
- Remove the dressing from the sterile wrapper.
- Remove the release films and place the dressing centrally over the wound site. Avoid touching the side to be used on the wound.
- Smooth the dressing down over the skin.
The dressing can remain in place for up to 7 days dependent upon wound condition and exudate level but cannot be used continuously for more than 30 days.
Examine wound by carefully lifting a corner of the dressing. The dressing should be changed when significant signs of exudate are visible or can be seen pooling around the edge of the pad.
Remove dressing by pulling and slightly stretching a corner of the dressing. Gently remove the dressing from the wound bed and dispose according to local environmental procedures. Cleanse wound site as required.
Retain box for future reference.